And you thought “desert island disc” discussions were only appropriate for U2 forums, didn’t you? Turns out, even the Vatican has some opinions on the topic.
Saturday’s edition of L’Osservatore Romano, the Vatican newspaper, published what it calls a “semiserious” list of “classics to pack for a desert island.” And making the Holy See’s list: U2′s Achtung Baby.
The paper says the song “One” would be enough by itself to justify the Achtung Baby‘s inclusion, but gives the album praise as a “symbol of the ’90s.”
Other albums on the Vatican’s list:
- Michael Jackson’s Thriller
- Pink Floyd’s The Dark Side of the Moon
- The Beatles’ Revolver
- Paul Simon’s Graceland
- Carlos Santana’s Supernatural
- David Crosby’s If I Could Only Remember My Name
- Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours
- Donald Fagen’s Nightfly
- Oasis’ (What’s The Story) Morning Glory
Related: Achtung Baby lyrics