For all those who are traveling to the June 4 Seattle show next week, there are a few housekeeping items you should be aware of:
- Ticketmaster sent messages indicating the GA entrance has changed. In case you bought your tickets from a broker or another fan, you may not have this information, so I’ll re-post it here: “The General Admission entrance has been changed from the West Gate as listed on your tickets, to the North East Gate.”
- On the day of the U2 show, there is also a Mariner’s Game down the street at Safeco Field beginning at 1:10 p.m. For all non-locals, the traffic following a game is horrendous, so if you’re coming in for the show in late afternoon/early evening, and you’re not staying within walking distance of Qwest Field, you’ll want to allow plenty of extra time for travel. If you’re taking public transportation, be especially aware, because buses fill up quite rapidly on game days and you could wait up to an hour for a bus or Link (lightrail) with available space.
- The morning after the U2 show, June 5, Seattle will hold its Race for the Cure to benefit breast cancer research. Activities begin at 7:00 am. and conclude at 11:30 a.m. Those staying on Queen Anne could be impacted by the race route and the extra traffic it will generate, especially near the finish line. The route map is here.
Last 4 posts by Tassoula
- U2's Best Guitar Songs - February 28th, 2013
- Seeing U2 on the Big Screen (Again) - October 5th, 2012
- A New Book from Bill Carter - August 31st, 2012
- U2 Music in The Lady - April 5th, 2012