I’m pondering a few things as we approach the start of Leg 3 of the U2 360 Tour in Turin, Italy on August 6:
1. Have we seen the last of the steering wheel microphone? (Swinging on the hanging microphone, or even being tempted to do so doesn’t seem safe for B-Diddy in the aftermath of his back injury. Does it?)
2. If that is gone, or even if it is not, one could assume the band might change up the encore a bit anyway. How different will the whole vibe of the concert’s ending be?
3. At some point during the set, will U2 really be playing new, unreleased material to stadium sized crowds?
4. Will these songs be good? Great? Bad? Bon Jovi?
5. Desmond Tutu? Will he be back? Will *he* have new material?
6. WHAT WILL BONO’S HAIR LOOK LIKE?!?! (Woah, sorry, I almost put a very irrelevant question in there.)
6. WHAT WILL LARRY THE MULLEN JUNIOR’S HAIR LOOK LIKE? (Serious business: the Mullen hair seemed a tad darker in shade than usual in the “We’re Back” video. Or maybe it was just the lighting. Whatever. Rock bands need blonde dudes, Mullen. Get on it.)
7. If U2 chooses not to play songs from Pop, does that mean the album never existed?
8. House/Disco version of Cedars of Lebanon. Not a question. Just throwing it out there. Come on, people. Okay, that or Mofo. One or the other.
9. How about a song or two with The Edge on lead vocals? White As Snow? Not a joke. I think it could work. Stadium crowd will love it so hard! (Okay, last sentence was a joke.)
10. Hey you, jumping up and down and screaming louder for Vertigo than for any other song in U2′s set. STOP DOING THAT. Pretty please?
- sorry, I am clearly running out of steam here -
I am very much looking forward to seeing what the band has in store for this upcoming leg of the tour. Here’s to new songs in the setlist and, most importantly, to good health…
—This post brought to you by Scatter O’ Light.
Last 4 posts by caravox
- Scattered Thoughts: Edge's Poker Face - January 19th, 2010
- Scattered Thoughts and Videos from the Rock Hall Concert - October 31st, 2009
- Scattered Thoughts: Belated B-Day Pic - August 10th, 2009
- Scattered Thoughts: Boom Boom POW! - May 27th, 2009